Here, Gillian Killiner, Director and Principal Dietitian at 121, discusses what a BDA Workplace Ready Dietitian can do for your business.
Focusing on the wellbeing of all your employees and workers, the BDA Work Ready programme is a Dietitian-led service that has been developed based on the latest evidence and health and wellbeing approaches in business.
It has four key themes:
- Better business through positive leadership and commitment to health.
- Keeping healthy people at work and increasing their productivity potential whilst there.
- Working together to achieve a healthy weight for wellness.
- Maintaining a healthy environment and culture within the workplace.
How it works
The work ready programme offers bespoke nutritional and wellness services tailored to employers’ needs. A ‘pick and mix’ approach affords businesses the opportunity to choose the level of support that they need as required with assurances that they are receiving a quality service, soundly based in scientific research and principles, provided by dietitians, specifically trained in workplace nutrition.
As a trained Work Ready Dietitian, I will spend a day at your chosen worksite and develop a personalised report for your organisation.
This will include:
- Developing insights on your objectives for a wellbeing programme.
- Understanding the employee characteristics and the work environment.
- Reviewing elements of workplace health promotion already offered or under development.
- Meeting with the occupational health team or the person who looks after health and well-being of the employees.
- Understanding and reviewing the facilities which are available in the workplace regarding food and drink provision.
- Reviewing current policies which impact on wellbeing.
The report will include a roadmap of recommendations for your organisation to implement over an agreed timescale, which can be delivered by myself within your organisation.
This can include:
- Workshops for staff
- Health champion training
- Employee needs assessments
- Personalised nutritional advice for individuals
- Review of food provision
- Development of tailored materials
- Integration of wellness into workplace direction.
Thankfully workplace health is starting to receive the attention it deserves.
To assist companies further, January 2019 saw the launch of a new collaborative health and well-being service. Gillian, alongside Physiologist Dr Johnathan Bloomfield and Specialist Physiotherapist Steven Redpath have joined forces to offer their expertise to the workplace with bespoke packages and programmes. This can travel to the workplace, online or in their Fit for Life Clinic.
Download the app to see more:
Or if you wish to find out more about any of the above please contact us on:
Please feel free to share our blogs to help others