The information contained on this website is for general information purposes only.
The information is provided by 121 Dietitian and whilst we endeavour to keep the information up-to-date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of or in connection with the use of this website.
Through this website, you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of 121 Dietitian. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, 121 Dietitian takes no responsibility for and will not be liable for the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
As a Dietitian
• My aim is to assist others to lead healthier and happier lives. I do this by providing nutritional programmes, writing about nutrition, creating healthy recipes, and reviewing products, of which I may share via this website, blog, and social media.
• I promote all foods and believe that no one food can be classed as ‘good’ or ‘bad’.
• With years of experience, I promote changes that work long-term, rather than fad/short-term diets.
• I am a UK Registered Dietitian with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and I am a member of the British Dietetic Association (BDA).
• As a dietitian I use my scientific knowledge, clinical skills and expertise in an accurate and professionally responsible manner.
• I follow an ethical code of conduct and will not provide false and misleading information.
• I will not support unjustifiable statements relating to particular products (as per HCPC & BDA guidelines) or promote one product over another without good reason (as per food industry regulations).
• The advice given on this website is aimed at the adult general public and should not be used as an alternative to personally tailored advice given by a dietitian, doctor or nurse using your data.
• All of the opinions on this website are my own, you have the right to know if I have accepted money or samples in the process of formulating those views (as per the CMA).
• I only accept payment from companies I believe in and would already buy myself from/recommend.
• A product mention or feature does not imply endorsement or recommendation of the product in question.
• Any sponsorship or other forms of compensation are clearly marked and will never influence the content, topic or posts on this site.
Product/Service Reviews, Features and sponsors
• I may review or feature products/services which I believe, as a dietitian, could enhance the health, well-being and/or diet variety of my readers, I will be honest and provide unbiased personal and professional opinions.
• If I do receive a sample there will be a statement saying this at the end of the blog post.
• It is likely that if I do not like a product, I may not feel it appropriate to write a negative review so I will not feature it on my blog. I cannot and will not be swayed by incentives of any form.
• If the end of a blog post is marked as “sponsored” or “AD”, a company has compensated me either via money, a gift, or something else of value for the time taken to write it. Regardless, all comments are my own, are 100% honest and are not influenced by the incentive.
• #AD gives reference to a sponsored blog post if the company is mentioned within the status.
Links included in this description might be Amazon affiliate links. If you purchase a product or service with the links that I provide I may receive a small commission. There is no additional charge to you! Thank you for supporting my channel so I can continue creating free content each week.
Protein Powders/Drinks & Supplements
• I do not recommend protein powders or protein drinks routinely; however, they can be convenient if individuals have relatively high protein needs which cannot be met by food alone.
• I recommend that you follow personal advice provided to you by your dietitian, doctor or nurse regarding the intake of protein powders or protein drinks if required.
• Vitamins and minerals can be achieved from foods and certain fluids some people however require supplementation for various health or sporting reasons. I would recommend that you speak to your doctor or dietitian before taking one.
• If you have been diagnosed with coeliac disease, you will need to follow a gluten-free diet tailored to you and your health. Please see NHS Choices for more information.
• If my recipes are marked as ‘gluten free’ it is still your responsibility to check that each ingredient used is labelled ‘gluten free’ e.g. oats, as ingredients and products vary on their gluten content depending on the brand/processing methods.
• If you are following a gluten-free diet I recommend you follow personal advice provided to you by your doctor, nurse and/or dietitian.
• If a recipe is tagged as ‘vegetarian’ or ‘vegan’ it is still your responsibility to check that each ingredient used is indeed vegetarian/vegan.
• If milk is used in a vegan recipe then do not use cow’s milk (as this is not a vegan product).
• If honey is used in a vegan recipe then please use an alternate liquid sweetener such as maple syrup or agave nectar.
• If you are following a vegetarian/vegan diet I recommend you follow personal advice provided to you by your doctor, nurse and dietitian.
• More information can be found at NHS Choices.
• Nuts/allergies/ these are not omitted or tagged as each individual is responsible to check the ingredients based on their own specific allergen and if not sure contact their doctor, Dietitian or allergy team.
Affiliate Links & Codes
• I receive questions about where ingredients/products/services used/mentioned can be purchased and so I link to (where possible) where either I personally have obtained them or where you can purchase them easily and at a reasonable price.
• My website and blog content (advice and recipes) is free because of the addition of affiliate links/codes; each blog post takes a considerable amount of time to write and each recipe takes a considerable amount of time and also money to develop/make. If you click certain hyperlinks and purchase items or use my discount code, in some cases I may receive a small commission e.g. from Amazon. Affiliate links do not affect the price that you pay.
• If I link to an e-shop, it is not that I endorse the advice that they may give or their philosophy, it is merely a place where either I obtained the product in question, or that you can purchase it.
• All blog posts containing affiliate links/codes are clearly labelled at the end.
• I may occasionally post carefully selected discount codes which reduce the price of certain products that I link to which may mean that making my recipes is cheaper for you. I do this to benefit my readers and followers and I may also use them too!
• Any rewards received do not play a part in the products and services featured/used or statements written on this blog (as per HCPC & BDA guidelines).
• If any adverts/links are displayed on this blog it does not imply a recommendation, however, they are selected in line with my blog’s health and wellbeing ethos.
• Adverts are presented with the purpose of generating revenue in order to sustain the day-to-day running of this blog i.e. hosting costs, cost of ingredients, baking equipment, travel, photography equipment and filming equipment, all of which will be bought with the aim of enhancing your reading experience.
• Your email address will be added to my Mail Chimp newsletter if you request to join the newsletter either via my home page or the link provided.
• I will not pass on your email address to anyone but if this is required I will check with you first.
• Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts/address book and check your spam box if you do not receive my newsletter and you believe that you have subscribed before contacting me.
• You have the right to unsubscribe from my email at any time (using the link provided within each newsletter).