While obesity stats might be shocking, the good news is that there is still time to do something about it.
Here, we get clear on the obesity statistics and share how 121 Dietitian has been successfully helping patients to lose weight for good.
A person with obesity (BMI – Body Mass Index of 30 and above) is:
- 6 times more likely to develop high blood pressure
- 4 times more likely to develop diabetes
- 2 times more likely to develop arthritis
- 6 times more likely to suffer gall bladder disease
- More likely to be infertile
- More likely to suffer from back and joint problems
- More likely to have problems with asthma exacerbated
- Increased risk of suffering depression
- More likely to suffer sleep problems such as sleep apnoea
- Increased risk of heart problems and stroke
- And have a shortened lifespan (1 in every 11 deaths in the UK is linked to obesity related problems)
- More likely to have nutritional deficiencies
Reverse these obesity statistics
This is not a scare tactic message, but rather, we feel, an important message to highlight the negative health implications associated with obesity that we treat every day. It may surprise you to know that many of the men and women who come to our clinics are unaware of the risks associated with obesity. When informed they are so grateful they could do something about it before their problems became irreversible.
If you wish to reverse the risks as mentioned above, the good news is something can be done. Losing weight and lowering your BMI (body mass index) to normal or lower levels, or with a 5-10% reduction in weight as a starting point will significantly reduce your likelihood of developing these potentially serious medical conditions. Significant weight loss can resolve many pre-existing conditions associated with obesity.
Of course there are also many, many psychological benefits in losing excess weight. People become more confident, feel less isolated, feel more attractive and feel more assertive as well as the obvious benefits associated with feeling healthy like a new wardrobe!
HOW TO LOSE WEIGHT AND ENJOY DOING SO!
- Our team are highly skilled weight management Dietitians, providing a unique evidence based programme, tailored to each individual.
- Over the years, we have helped many people to successfully lose weight, when they have struggled in the past.
- You will learn how to enjoy foods and how to manage your diet, weight and health for life.
- No kcal counting, macros….
- If you need to lose more weight, then you can safely do so, as you will know exactly how to do it safely for optimizing health for life.
Unsure of how to change your eating habits, or need help optimising the foods you eat please do contact us. We would love to help you or your family and friends with any nutrition related queries big or small.
In the meantime do please check out our 121Dietitian Shop this has been expertly created for you.
If you have enjoyed this blog we would love you to share this with your family and friends on your social media channels.
Why not visit our YouTube Channel for more on keeping your health optimal.
How can a Dietitian help
- Book a consultation via our Online Portal
- About Gillian Killiner
- Check out our tailored dietary programmes
Information checked & correct on 16th May 2018 rechecked Jan 2021.
Links included in this description might be Amazon affiliate links. If you purchase a product or service with the links that I provide I may receive a small commission.