An exclusive Medical evidence based Low FODMAPS Elimination Diet available in Northern Ireland for IBS Sufferers since 2011 practiced by Principal Dietitian Gillian Killiner post specialist training @ Kings College, London.
121 Dietitian believes it is essential to practice and deliver evidence based up to date medical breakthroughs and are thus delighted to be able to provide their clients with this specialist service.
A fantastic over 75% proven success rate with this new Low FODMAPS Diet worldwide (current UK national diet advice only 30% success).
At 121 Dietitian we boast a 95% success rate* we treat the whole person which is a unique service and the only one available in NI (2017).
Our IBS Programme:
IBS and Nutrient Health
The majority of our clients come to us totally frustrated and at the end of a very long line of unsuccessful investigations. Others attend after avoiding many foods groups for years due to their on-going gut symptoms again with no success. Avoiding foods is common practice, however this can lead to depletion of essential macro nutrients, vitamins and minerals if you do not have a safe structured programme of re-introduction. Eliminating long term can leave you feeling lethargic and low and at risk of other medical conditions. In addition to this, medications that you may be taking to assist you ie for acid reflux – when taken long term, will rob you further of essential micro-nutrients – a vicious cycle is created.
Due to these findings, we at 121 Dietitian have devised this specialist IBS programme Belfast to address these common, but serious concerns, along side the Low FODMAPS diet to ensure your symptoms are resolved and your health is at its best.
- To start, a 121 Dietitian – 7 Day Food Diary and 121 Dietitian – Questionnaire are completed by you. This is analysed by us to assess your full nutritional status and health before your appointment.
- A 60 min consultation discusses your macro and micro-nutrient diet and health along with the Low FODMAPS diet requirements to eliminate your IBS symptoms. An 8 week elimination diet is then provided with email support 24/7.
- Detailed additional, personalised, nutritional written advice, recipes, shopping lists are provided to assist your elimination to be seamless and as perfect as possible. Blood tests may be required to assess and assist possible depleted micro-nutrients.
- Review appointment – after 8 week for the re-introduction of foods eliminated, further email support.
- All specialist literature from Kings College London is included.
- Liaison and consulting letters to your GP and Consultant are inclusive