While obesity stats might be shocking, the good news is that there is still time to do something about it. Here, we get clear on the statistics and share how 121 Dietitian has been successfully helping patients to lose weight.
A person who is assessed as being clinically obese (BMI – Body Mass Index of 30 and above) is:
- 6 times more likely to develop high blood pressure
- 4 times more likely to develop diabetes
- 2 times more likely to develop arthritis
- 6 times more likely to suffer gall bladder disease
- More likely to be infertile
- More likely to suffer from back and joint problems
- More likely to have problems with asthma exacerbated
- Increased risk of suffering depression
- More likely to suffer sleep problems such as sleep apnoea
- Increased risk of heart problems and stroke
- And have a shortened lifespan (1 in every 11 deaths in the UK is linked to obesity related problems)
- More likely to have nutritional deficiencies
This is not a scare tactic message, but rather, we feel, an important message to highlight the negative health implications associated with obesity that we see every day. It may surprise you to know that many of the men and women who come to our clinics are unaware of the risks associated with obesity, and when informed are so grateful they could do something about it before their problems became irreversible.
If you wish to reverse the risks as mentioned above, the good news is something can be done. Losing weight and lowering your BMI (body mass index) to normal or lower levels, or with a 5-10% reduction in weight as a starting point will significantly reduce your likelihood of developing these potentially serious medical conditions, and significant weight loss can resolve many pre-existing conditions associated with obesity.
Of course there are also many, many psychological benefits in losing excess weight; people become more confident, feel less isolated, feel more attractive and feel more assertive as well as the obvious benefits associated with feeling healthy like a new wardrobe!
HOW TO LOSE WEIGHT AND ENJOY DOING SO!
- Our team are highly skilled weight management Dietitians, providing a unique evidence based programme, tailored to each individual.
- Over the years, we have helped many people to successfully lose weight, (read our google reviews) when they have struggled in the past.
- You will learn how to enjoy foods and how to manage your diet, weight and health for life.
- If you need to lose more weight, then you can safely do so, as you will know exactly how to do it safely for optimizing health for life.
We would love to help you. The 121 Dietitian team are waiting! so please contact us on 07717392306 or email: email@example.com or click here today.
Please feel free to share our blogs to help others
Information checked & correct on 16th May 2018 rechecked Jan 2021.