The 121 Dietitian Taster Plus
- To get started, you are first required to join our secure online portal.
- Our Practice Better portal is available on your desktop or on your phone via an app.
- Select the Taster Plus programme and then complete our pre-consultation lifestyle questionnaire and 7-day diet food diary. This is then analysed for all health and dietary concerns by a consultant Dietitian.
- You can also request a date and time in the portal or if preferred we will book you a suitable appointment to discuss your details-this will be for 1 hour with a Specialist Dietitian. This can be online via the portal or face-to-face in our Kingsbridge Maypole Holywood Clinic.
- A tailor-made dietary plan and personalised programme will be created for you by your Dietitian and sent to you via the portal – this can take 2-3 hours of dietetic time to write up and includes a detailed nutrition plan, recipes and shopping list etc.
- These programmes are usually completed within 3-4 days of your initial appointment. For completeness and one of the many reasons why we stand head and shoulders above other services – we request blood tests to ensure you are optimised nutritionally and monitored correctly.
- This programme includes a 30-minute follow-up appointment to ensure all is going as per the plan and to check the need for changes with supplements This review is usually 6-8 weeks after your initial appointment.
- Further advice and guidance are included to ensure the changes are achievable and enjoyable. Written advice is again provided after your appointment.
Summary of the Taster Plus
In summary, you receive 5 hours of Dietetic time in total. This provides a comprehensive assessment and detailed written programme included with this is a 30-minute follow-up appointment with monitoring and email advice during this programme duration. The 2 appointments are so expertly put together you will not need to come back for endless appointments! Not unless you really want to!
Perfect for concerns including; heart disease, thyroid conditions, cholesterol-lowering, cancer – fatigue/weight gain, diabetes, prediabetes, PCOS, hormonal imbalance, Crohn’s, diverticular disease, pre-weight loss surgery preparation ….
More than one significant medical concern or condition that impact on the nutritional advice within this package will be charged depending on additional time incurred.
IBS is treated with a specialist Low FODMAP programme . Click on the link for details.